K, Ket, Green, Special K, Super K, Vitamin K, Lady K, Cat Valium, Kit-Kat, Horse Tranquiliser
Ketamine is usually found in liquid form or a grainy white powder. It can also come as a pill.
Powder versions are usually snorted or added to drinks, but can be smoked. Liquid versions tend to be injected.
- The effect of Ketamine will depend on the environment and dosage taken
- In a club environment it can be stimulating, with increased energy and euphoria.
- In a quiet, relaxed place it can provide a spiritual experience, with sensations of travel to other worlds, floating, euphoria, increased insight and creativity.
- Some users experience something like a near death experience including buzzing, whistling sounds, travelling through a dark tunnel into a light at high speed, apparent communication with God, visions and out of body experiences. They will not always remember these afterwards.
- Unwanted psychological effects after using can include anxiety, panic attacks, flashbacks, insomnia, nightmares, paranoia, delusions, hallucinations, and unpleasant feelings of being unreal or that the world is unreal.
- Long-term psychological effects can include anxiety, panic attacks, depression, paranoia and delusions.
- Short-term physical effects can include loss of coordination, difficulty speaking, trouble moving, loss of hearing and unable to see, numbness, nausea/vomiting, racing heart and respiratory problems. With other drugs it can slow the body down and stop organs functioning.
- The effects of Ketamine can leave users in a confused state and vulnerable to assault, traffic accidents, drowning and burns and unaware of any serious physical injury until too late.
- Long-term physical effects include bladder \ kidney related problems such as an increased need to urinate, passing blood, and pain on urination due to scarring and shrinkage of the bladder. Secondly back pain or ketamine cramps
- Lastly there can be an impact on brain function like memory and problem solving.