GHB, GBL, "G", Gamma-Hydroxybutyrate, Liquid Ecstasy, Liquid X, Scoop, Soap, Salty Water, Grievous Bodily Harm, Cherry Meth, Booster, Fantasy
Many people in the UK buy GBL through online cleaning manufacturers, dealers and online as GBL. without knowing the potentially dangerous effects of the drug.
G can be found in liquid, powder- or capsule form. Or in "quickie pad"
Most often sold as a colourless, odourless salty liquid in small bottles
Usually measured in capfuls, eye droppers or teaspoons
Often mixed with a drink but can be taken neat
Used frequently due to short life-span in the body
- At low doses, relaxation, euphoria, heightened sex drive and increased sensuality and sociability
- At higher doses, dizziness, nausea, confusion, drowsiness, seizures, temporary amnesia, uncontrollable shaking, headaches and unconsciousness
- Withdrawal effects 1-6 hours after use can include anxiety, tremors, insomnia, nausea and vomiting, paranoia, visual hallucinations, memory problems and aggression
- Severe withdrawals - can cause physical dependence leading to repeated dosing throughout the day and night
- Brain impairment, confusion and loss of consciousness leading to car accidents, falls and choking
- Death: difference between dose that induces euphoric effects and one that can lead to unconsciousness, coma and death is very small (only a millilitre or so) so very easy to accidently overdose
- Increased sex drive with decreased inhibitions leading to sexual infections and transmission
- Interacts with HIV medication
- Delirium, paranoia, aggression and hallucinations and even death when withdrawing you should always get support before attempting a detox and reducing your use